Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Long time since last post, I know

But I am uncomfortable at the computer, and have not had anything positive to post. Here's an update, in a nutshell...
a) I had a biopsy done of the infected area. They chose not to use any anesthesia for it, so it was excrutiatingly painful. Anyhow, it's a pseudomnas infection & I'm on Cipro for the next month.
b) I have had some progression. My liver tumors have enlarged the liver to the extent that even I can feel it and the stitch is back, inhibiting my ability to breathe deeply or even yawn without pain. The liver enzyme numbers are close to what they were when I was diagnosed in April.
c) I will start a new chemo - Ixempra - if my liver #s are good enough, Navelbine if they are not, and hopefully that will start this week or next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came upon your blog while searching the internet for breast cancer sites. I see you may be starting Ixempra soon. I wanted to share with you that my mom is starting her third cycle on Monday. We recieved great news two weeks ago that after only two cycles her tumor marker has dropped 60 points. She has been on several chemos and this one seems to be helping. The side effects for her are more than some of the others but it seems like it's worth it if it's killing the cancer. Just thought I'd let you know about her positive experience. I hope you have a similar one. Good luck!