Friday I took the day off, as planned. I thought the bone scan, scheduled for noon, would take an hour and then I could have a few hours with Alix, but it turns out they give you an injection and then you have a three hour wait til they do the scan. Well, hanging out in the waiting room with a couple of friends was Fyvush Finkel! and they were all talking just loud enough and dropping enough names that you knew they wanted you to be listening.
When I went into the machine, I was trying to pray but could not really come up with anything, so I tried to come up with all the people and things I was thankful that God put on this earth, and got up to about 70 or so. Will try to do better next time. Meanwhile, in the last 15 minutes on the machine, I started developing leg pains that have just gotten worse and worse over the last couple of days. Naturally my first thought was widespread bone mets, since I know I have some, but some other possible culprits are the abraxane itself, or maybe the spinal met is compressing a nerve. Will check with Beth tomorrow. Meanwhile, have been taking the 600mg ibuprofen during the day and Percocet at night to sleep.
I went with Alix to see Romney Piamonte, who works with me, in Honor, a new musical. It was really great, and Alix was happy to meet him and Pat, another colleague who was in the audience. She is bringing her 2 programs (Honor & Gypsy) to her drama teacher tomorrow.
I heard from Aunt Di & Claudia this weekend, very happy about both. I'm so bad about keeping in touch with people that I've lost every expectation that anyone wants to talk to me anymore! Am trying to do better now, Alix in particular needs a lot of family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment