It went pretty well. The last half hour I had some nausea; was sick when I got home but I'm doing better now. The key is to stay hydrated tonight without bringing on more nausea. Small sips. My nurse friends are still concerned about the divot and the port incision not healing after 3 months. I will need to keep them covered at the beach, and when I come back for my next chemo (not til 8/21 HOORAY) we will decide whether to a) keep an eye on them, b) move the port (arghhh, more surgery, need to go off avastin, then what if it doesn't heal, I have extra opportunities for infection; hate this idea) or c) ask Dr Zisman if she can stitch up the divot. By the way, for non-golfers, a divot is a hole your club makes. Needs repair. Like me.
Scans we think will be done in September, easier for me CAUSE I WON'T BE WORKING. Sorry about that, my fingers were dancing on the keyboard. Speaking of fingers, the onc who was subbing for Ruth said the nails were not a big deal but asked a lot about the finger/toe neuropathy since that is what might militate for a chemo switch. The inflection point seems to be whether I can button my shirt, put my earrings in, etc. The tingling does not prevent any of this as of now. Right now the only things I can't do are related to my nails, so I filed them way down again and will probably have a lot less discomfort.
On vacation now through 8/11. Will post from time to time except for the 8/4-8/8 period when we're at the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment