Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday

The three day weekend went pretty well. Both of us took it pretty easy, I slept a bunch, which seems to help. Didn't need much in the way of pain meds, really only Friday and Saturday nights. My nails are acting up, pulling away from the nailbed a little on a couple of fingers, discoloring the nailbed. I cut them way short so as not to catch them on things. The worst is reaching in a handbag for keys or a phone or whatever, it makes me wince. I've also started with a little neuropathy in the toes/feet, where it feels like I'm walking on cellphane (kind of numb), and my toes often feel like someone just stopped squeezing them. Not complaining, just reporting.
Have some busy-ness coming up -- visiting day at camp next weekend, trip to Florida with Lisa to see mom the weekend after, then Alix comes home, then a 50th birthday party for my high school class on Aug 1, then our vacation.... maybe I need to go back to sleep and rest up. Wish I could. Part of me would love to just go out on disability and rest and rest and rest... but it's too soon for that. I want to defer it as long as possible since work also keeps me going -- to some extent. It is harder than I can tell you, keeping everything going all the time.

No comments: