Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back at work today, counting down

Did pretty well today! had some breakthrough pain in the AM that responded to percocet, stayed til 4, which was longer than expected. We will meet with Ruth, Beth & Eileen tomorrow to figure out how/when to proceed with my next chemo. I know there are concerns about the chemo impeding the healing from last week's surgery, but I am more concerned about fighting the cancer than whether and for how long I have a quarter-size hole in my chest. Eyes on the prize, right?
It was good to see folks, and I definitely felt some advance nostalgia for what it's going to be like not to see all the people who've been such a big part of my life for the past dozen years every day. Stay in touch, everyone.
In the TMI department, big shout out to my sister-in-law, Dena, for sending smooth move tea. My hero!

No comments: