Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday

Today's my birthday, and it is much better than the last couple. First, the surgery went fine, was delayed by about an hour because I got sick while waiting on the gurney, from dehydration etc. The surgery itself was very short, maybe a half hour, and then a couple of hours in the recovery room, then back home. My shoulder pain did not abate, so I took percocet, which made me a nauseated, and I couldn't keep anything down. This morning, I started by taking 2 Aleve first, which I think was a help. I took the percocet a little later, but I think the Aleve is relieving the inflammation in my collarbone/shoulder area, so I could move my arm reasonably well today. Tomorrow will be an all-Aleve day, with Percocet in my pocket.
Lisa, Karen & Alix spent all day yesterday shopping for 50 things for my birthday. What a hoot -- everything from lip balm to pajamas to candy to a watch! It was fun opening it all up. And I got a lovely Hermes twilly from my sisterinlaw and brotherinlaw, and cards from a bunch of people. It's being a really good day.

No comments: