Friday, June 27, 2008

More of the same

Had the same kind of day yesterday: nausea, vomiting. I had an appointment with Dr. Zisman because the nurses at Ruth's office don't like the look of the port -- it looks "angry" to them. It does look kind of bluish/reddish and is pretty sensitive to the touch, but I think the latter is because it's so close to the surface. Anyhow, Dr. Zisman thinks it's ok, is putting me on an antibiotic "just in case", and says we can move it if Ruth/Beth think we should. No f-in way. I'm not having an additional surgery unless it's taking cancer out or putting something cancer-killing in. If the port weren't working as well as it is -- blood comes out, chemo goes in -- then maybe. Otherwise, nope.

Felt horrible about missing work these two days; there are people I let down and although they are understanding, it's not how I like to treat them. I am going to switch the routine back to Wednesdays, and try to get the Zometa infusion on Thursdays, so that the worst of it is on the weekends.

Alix goes to camp today.

No comments: