
Got through yesterday's chemo (Abraxane & Avastin) just fine, no side effects like last week's from the Zometa. My hematocrit and hemoglobin numbers are starting to slip, so we're adding Repleva every other day, starting tonight. I also got a printout of the liver enzyme test results for Lactate Dehydrogenase (LD), Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP), Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST), and Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT). I graphed the results over the past 6 weeks or so. The dramatic change is in the LD, which for me acts like tumor markers do for other people who actually have tumor markers, which I don't. If that makes any sense.
Ruth also checked manually and says the liver is much softer, less bumpy, smaller than it was, and she said she's very happy with the progress so far. I will not have another set of scans for 3 months, except for an xray in a couple of days to rule in/out a met to the femur that may or may not have been on the ct scans. The radiologist said on the last report that the right femur met was stable, but there was no mention on the prior report. I wouldn't be tremendously surprised, since I have been aware of pain in the right hip socket. I have next week off from chemo, so I don't have treatment until the 17th. Woo HOO! plus, we're arranging to have an extra week chemo vacation in August so I can actually get away to rest. Need that big time, let me tell you.

No comments:
Post a Comment