Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Now that they're superstars, they'll forget the little people

I was very happy to see that both Albert's oncologist, Abe Chachoua, and my oncologist, Ruth Oratz, made it to this year's NY Magazine top doctors list. My radiation oncologist from last time around, Silvia Formenti, made it too - but she chairs rad onc at NYU, so you would hope she was on it! Of course, Albert now can't get through to Abe to get his PET/CT results from last week. Please keep all fingers/toes crossed for no new tumors. Update - Scan was clear! No new tumors for Albert!

I have been pretty successful treating the acne from last week with some prescription benzoyl peroxide and clindagel left over from Albert's reaction to steroids. So I don't feel quite as hideous as I did Friday and Saturday. Since this is my week off from chemo, I expect to feel pretty ok this week, less queasiness and weakness. The extreme heat is supposed to break tonight, so in general, tomorrow looks a lot brighter!

No comments: