Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two months since diagnosis

And this was the best week yet. Only took 1 percocet all week, had very little nausea, got tired easily but so what. Lisa was in this weekend and we got to spend some very good quality time together, mostly eating, but lots of talk. Tomorrow's infusion has the Zometa, which gave me flu like symptoms last time -- fever, chills, aches, etc. I'm going to take ibuprofen before I go in the morning.

Hard to believe it's only been two months. I have to make sure that I live each month and not just get through it, because I can't take them for granted. I've started a bucket list for trips I want to take, first up is Florida to see Mom & Buck. Next year, when Alix has some time off from school, I want to take her to California to see all the relatives out there. We will probably need a week to do that, and will need to get from LA to SF to see everyone. After that... well there are more places to go: Israel, France, Italy... one day at a time, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize until just now that I could post a comment. I check your blog all the time (a great idea, btw), and you are often on my mind. I am so glad to hear of your successes. Keep up the good work, Amy! -- Stacy

Anonymous said...

Just popped in to say HI!
I hope the Zometa was kind to you this time. I only had the pain and flu symptoms the first time around....hope the same was true for you.

I have found that time in "cancer Land" gets a whole new meaning. Glad you are planning trips.

Have a good week!
Deb C