"Juiced" is what my boss called it, and I like it because it's just irreverent enough. Before the chemo, Ruth palpated the liver and she is sure that it felt better than before we started treatment. The liver enzymes continue to get better, and at some point, I'll start asking her for the numbers and posting them here. I do know that before treatment, the LDH number was 2600 or so and came down to 1700 after the very first chemo; normal is somewhere around 125. My white cells were a little high, so there was some question about whether I should keep taking the neupogen, but Beth doesn't want me to miss any treatments, so I will still do twice a week, and may do less during my "week off". I also got the pathology report on the liver biopsy, which was done with a fine needle and therefore didn't pick up a lot of cells. Turns out that the sample was Pr+, but because the sample is so small, there's no score, so we don't know the extent of the hormone receptivity. It won't change my current chemo regime, but Ruth said that if at some point in the future we decide to do a chemo holiday, we could use hormone therapy as a filler, so to speak. As you already know, I'm thinking AND not OR, but there's no real reason to add it now.
Chemo went smoothly, met a very nice 4th yr associate from a big law firm, who is only 30 and so had had some of her eggs harvested the day before. She was trying to figure out whether and how to work, given the billable hour pressure that would be on her even if she worked part time. Got the avastin first, then abraxane, and that will be my regimen for the 1st and 3rd treatment each month. The second treatment will be avastin and zometa.
Crawled right into bed when I got home -- it was cold and rainy out and I got thoroughly chilled waiting for a cab. Charlie was over for dinner, and we had a good discussion about what tutoring Alix will need for the specialized high schools test next year. I think we are going to go with the Kaplan personal tutor, which allows her to do the classes too. Poor kid, the test is a week or so before her bat mitzvah, so she'll have a lot of study/practice to do next fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment