This last week found me in kind of a blue mood. One contributing factor was that all of the info I accumulated in the last month got digested, and I got angry for the first time, which of course manifests as depression. Another factor was, and I know this sounds silly, that I didn't DO anything about my cancer last week. I think as long as I am getting the chemo, and actively fighting, it's easier to stay strong(er) and (relatively) positive, but in the week off, it's harder to maintain. Have gone 10 days now since my last pain meds, so despite the naysaying from the onc's office, I'm sure the leg pain is chemo related and is not related to the hip/spine mets.
Interesting discussion on the bcmets board about the word "survivor" and the extent to which it applies to those of us who are in a long-term, perpetual struggle/fight. Many of the women feel that the word survivor should apply to the primary cancer only folks, and that another word should apply to us. Not sure if I know where I come down on that issue, but something that was raised resonated with me -- we need a pink camouflage ribbon just for us. So that it's clear we are fighting, not "raising awareness". I may try to create a gif file this week.
Albert & I celebrated our 10th anniversary this weekend, while Alix had a whirlwind of social stuff. Chemo tomorrow, onward and upward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment