Saturday, May 3, 2008

What we know & what we don't know

I called Ruth's office looking for results on the MRIs, and she had left a message for me: brain scan was clear, but she needs to talk to me Tuesday about "disc disease" -- which usually doesn't refer to cancer, I don't think. I am so confused -- what was on the CT scan if they weren't mets?
Almost like clockwork, the leg pain showed up last night, but I took a percocet and a senokot, enough said. I'll see how long the leg pain lasts; last week it was pretty much gone by Monday, and this week I did the chemo a day earlier, so it could be that I only have it for the weekend. Unfortunately, next week I am at a 3 day offsite meeting from Wednesday-Friday in Connecticut, and the chemo is Tuesday, so if the pattern holds, Thursday night and Friday won't be a picnic.
In other news, my 10-syringe package of Neupogen arrived on Friday morning, and Beth thinks that will last a month if we're doing it twice a week. I gave myself an injection last night, wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. What's one more puncture mark, right? I look like a pincushion already.
Alix has a bar mitzvah to go to today, luckily not one of the fancy ones, and not too far away from home. A couple of them have required long cab rides at 1 am, when cabs are hard to find. This one sounds like totally a kids' party, which I am sure she is up for.

No comments: