Thursday, May 1, 2008
Made it through the worst of it.
Getting my liver biopsied was both worse, and not as bad, as I thought it would be. We got there around 10:30, had a little chat with the resident, then they did an ultrasound to figure out where the best angle would be, which turned out to be from my stomach, not my side. They did the usual numbing etc, but the inside doesn't get numb, and they had to do this pumping kind of thing with the needle, that was the worst part. Big admission==> I cried a little. Was still (am still) in pain from the port placement yesterday, so the combination was just a little too much for me. Got to rest for an hour or two afterwards in a hospital room, then they took out the IV and let me go home. So, all in all I'm ok. Still need to hear a) what was found on the MRIs yesterday- I PRAY no brain mets and b) how the hell to give myself neupogen injections starting tomorrow. Wish I would hear from Ruth & Beth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment